Introduction to me :-)


                 Although we are in the age of the selfies, I find it difficult to speak exclusively about myself. The hardest part is figuring out where to start.
     
          Should I speak about my favorite color green? Should I go on and on about why I love it, how it reminds me of peace and nature. Should I talk about my name which is a combination of Hebrew and Arabic. By the way, hello everyone, I am Naomi Seif......  Should I use this time to encourage everyone to look within yourself and don’t let the past hold you back? Should I talk about my five kids? Would anyone in here even believe that I have a 23-year-old son? Should I speak about the island my family is from, which is Puerto Rico, which is obvious I’m sure. Maybe I should take some time and share with everyone the word salaam. It means peace in Arabic and is the foundation of my religion.
                       What if I took some time to share some interesting facts about myself. Would anyone think it’s cool that I’ve never had an Instagram account. Or that I’ve never rode in a lyft or uber.  Or that I was born in the 70’s and am fluent in Spanish.
 Since everyone is listening should I speak about the social injustices of this country. Remind everyone that black lives still matter, and that Puerto Rico still needs your prayers. Are you aware that the island is being rattled with earthquakes, till this day? But we Boriquas are resilient and inshaAllah Puerto Rico se levanta (God-willing will rise again) So as you can see, I’m not too fond of talking about myself but I will say this. I came all the way from the Midwest to California, with my best friend, who is my husband. I am here to further my education, and I love knowledge especially history. Unfortunately, I fear that I’ve been up here 2 minutes too long. I look forward to being your classmate and student this semester. Thank you.

(Speech for Class)

Comments

  1. Hello Naomi, I am a Brazilian converted Muslim, I love you blog. And you look a very nice person, may Allah bless you and your familia and may you have lot of success with your blog, salam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asalaamu Alaykum dear sister. JAK for your beautiful words. InshaAllah you and your loved ones are well and you are having a good Ramadan

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts