"Reclaim your Heart" / Book Club



      Asalaamu Alaykum dear sisters. Our first book for the book club is "Reclaim your Heart" by Yasmin Mogahed and I am so excited. 








                  InshaAllah you are in the best of health and Imaan as you read this. SubhanAllah I am so excited to not only read this book but to share and discuss what I gain or learn from it with other sisters. 
                  The book club will be based on YouTube with me posting a video on Mondays and Wed inshaAllah (for the month of Oct). We have a whatsapp group and will try a live discussion for the group. 
                   The book mashaAllah is not long, so we should be able to complete it in no time. I want to make sure we squeeze as much out of it as we can. I am a "fan" (or whatever the word is) who mashaAllah appreciates, supports and looks up to Ustadah Yasmin Mogahed. Her messages, her lectures have helped me so much during my most difficult times. Her simple, yet deep Quranic approach forced me to analyze and measure myself.
                   I have so much work to do on myself which was one of the reasons I started this book club. I wanted to be part of a group of sisters who wanted to read more about Deen. I wanted to have discussions about what Islam looks like today and how to apply it to our lives. There are many benefits to reading in general but when we read about our religion, it raises our Imaan inshaAllah.
                  
 Our first assignment is to read the first part entitled "Attachments". There are eight sections and we will go over the first four on Monday and the last four on Wednesday inshaAllah.

               I hope we are ready to try and find ourselves in this reading and to try and identify any "shackles" we may be prisoners to. 
                        

Comments

  1. Jazak Allah khairun for starting a group that encourages sisters to read , learn and discuss our Deen. May Allah bless our efforts and Grant us success in this life and the hereafter. I'm a little behind on my reading but I'll catch up in Sha Allah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wayyaki dear sister and JAK for joining and being a part of this.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts